Sunday, December 7, 2008

Lance's Testimony

Once when Lance was two he wanted to bear his testimony, but I said he had to wait until he was three. He has borne his testimony quite often since he turned three. At first Alex or I would tell him what to say. Then I would ask him what he wanted to say and if he got nervous, I would remind him of what he had already told me. Well today he decided that he wanted to go up to the stand all by himself and bear his testimony by himself. This is basically what he said:"I want to bear my testimony. I know this church is true. I know Thomas S. Monson can be the prophet. I love my mom and dad and my sister and my brother and my grandmas and grandpas and my teachers. I know that if we be good we can live with Jesus someday. I want to be a missionary when I grow up and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

Alex and I looked at each other and said, "Wow!" It was such a sincere, sweet testimony that it brought me to tears. I was so proud of my little five-year-old.

1 comment:

Noelle said...

I was too...good job Lance!