Sunday, December 7, 2008

HBDT Me!

So today is my birthday and I am 35 years old. I can hardly believe it myself. Thirty-five seems so old until you actually get there. Whenever I see someone that is 28 or 29 or 30 I always think they are the same age as me. Two years ago I was talking to the father of one of my college roommates and he said that I looked the exact same as the last time he had seen me ten years before. I guess I'm aging well.

However, there are times when I feel old. It seems I have to take extra time and make-up to cover up the dark circles under my eyes. Recently I substitute taught at the high school I graduated from and where I last taught. I was filling in for a teacher who co-taught with other teachers and one of the teachers I co-taught with was Mr. Purtill, the same Mr. Purtill that was my eighth-grade Algebra teacher in 1988. That was 20 years ago! And I'm really out of it when it comes to text-messaging. If I ever send a message it takes me forever because I don't know the lingo. And I am super annoyed by people who text while I am talking to them. It's not multi-tasking; it's rude!

I was looking at my baby album and I noticed this picture of me and my mom. I am about sixteen months old. I think it could be a picture of my own little girl Lacey, except her eyes are blue.

Here I am: older and wiser.

7 comments:

Kristen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Chris is glad someone has finally caught up to him (until next month anyway) I hope you had a great day. Love you tons!

Rebecca and Co. said...

You are awesome! I hope your year is special--like you.

A New Decade of Health said...

Happy Birthday! We're all getting older but we're only as young as we feel!

The Zoo Keeper said...

Happy Birthday!.. I want to see you and Lacey in those same dresses!!!!

Noelle said...

I didn't know it was your birthday! Happy belated birthday....I'd never guess you were a day over 30!

KG said...

Carmen...believe it or not, I always remember your birthday. I don't know why...I can't remember my own phone number or address, but I remember people on their birthday. Anyway, I thought about you several times on Sunday and meant to come home from church and leave a HAPPY BIRTHDAY on your blog, but I never made it to the computer! Hope you had a good 35th b-day! I'll catch up to you in just a few months.:-)

Katrina said...

Happy belated Birthday! I was hoping to see you at your parents house on Sunday so that I could wish you a Happy Birthday then, sorry we missed you!