Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Pine Valley for Mother's Day






On May 10 we camping in Pine Valley, not my first choice for a Mother's Day activity but it was fun. We got our favorite spot by the creek and it didn't rain on us like it has in the past. Alex took the boys fishing while I cooked dinner with our new dutch oven. (It turned out pretty well for my first try. If anyone has any great dutch oven recipes, send them my way.) The fishing trip was successful that evening. Lance even reeled in a fish by himself and Luke almost did. We stayed for two days. Fishing and cooking took up most of the time. The boys brought back six fish to camp after their last fishing excursion. Yea for them, but how am I supposed to cook fish? Although it was fun, I think that is going to be the last camping trip for me for this year. Sleeping on an air mattress and having children kick me in the middle of the night will be less and less comfortable as my belly grows bigger and bigger.

No comments: