Friday, September 5, 2008

Happy Anniversary

August 30 is our actual anniversary, but we were in Pine Valley that day. (Kudos to Alex for remembering to bring a card!) To celebrate six years of marriage we went to see Phantom of the Opera-The Las Vegas Spectacular on Tuesday, September 2. It certainly was spectacular-complete with pyrotechnics, an underground lake, and a falling chandelier.
The music, which I have loved since I was fifteen (that's almost 20 years!), was of course outstanding. I loved sitting with my husband, putting my head on his shoulder, and watching such a romantic show. Other adjectives I would use to describe the show are: haunting, stirring, beautiful, and inspiring, as in it inspired me to sing the songs out loud all day on Wednesday until my kids told me to stop singing. I was even this close to buying a bedazzled t-shirt for $40. (If anyone ever sees one of those on E-bay, let me know). It was well worth the money we paid, and I would pay to see it again. It was a great anniversary!

7 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh that looks like fun! Chris almost disowned me when he thought I was going to that show with the girls and not him, he loves that show. Happy belated anniversary!

A New Decade of Health said...

Looks like fun. I wish I could get my husband to go. I'd love to see it but he is sooo not interested! Maybe I can trick him!

Lori said...

What a fun anniversary! I'm not sure i could get Earl to that one without some serious bribery. I remember going to "the Phantom" in L.A. with Ruth Dawson and Jolene Mitchell for some YW activity in High School. I remember it, just like you described on the blog. I also recall making up a drill team routine with part of one of the songs (about 20 years ago). Are we old or what?

Mandy and Jason said...

Congrats on 6 years! I'm glad you guys had fun. Your pictures from camping have almost inspire me to go. Kimball would love it... she loves being outside, I just don't want to sleep on the ground while I'm pregnant. So, a trip will have to be timed around my belly.

Rebecca and Co. said...

Happy Anniversary, Carmen and Alex! The last time I saw Phantom was on my honeymoon and our seats were so high that we couldn't see all of the action on stage. It sounds like your experience was much more enjoyable! LOL I'm glad you guys had a great time.

Aileen said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you made a night to celebrate happen- esp. with 3 wee ones. I remember your beautiful wedding well....and now look at your growing darling family!

jessenpetty said...

Congrats you guys! I found your blog and all other Hafens from Jason and Mandy's. You guys are such a cute couple! I love both of you! You can see our blog at jessenpetty.blogspot.com. Super cute kids too!
Shannon