Monday, September 15, 2008

Feed the Birds. . .Toppins a Bag


On Alex's day off last Thursday, I thought it would be a fun family outing to go to Sunset Park and feed the ducks. The kids were excited. We arrived with our loaves of bread, and those ducks and swans and geese they know a snack when they see it. In the first picture Lance is feeding a few of the birds, but it didn't take long for the pigeons to get in the game.




These pigeons swarmed Lance to get to the bread crumbs. It was a little disturbing to me, but it didn't bother Lance too much. It's weird feeling air from the flapping of bird wings. Luke on the other hand,was very upset by the whole thing.
Notice how Luke keeps getting higher and higher off the ground. After we ran out of bread we let the kids play on the playground which was fun for all

8 comments:

Kristen said...

That is always a favorite of my kids. It makes me think of the time when Lance was a baby and I was watching him and we decided to take a trip to fee the ducks. Some aggressive geese were out of the water and kept coming closer and closer to us. Of course the kids were freaked out. My solution was to climb up on a table and wait it out, but those geese weren't going any where. I think I finally threw the whole bag of popcorn as far as I could and we made a quick escape. We were probably a site to see, me and four little kids four and under. It still makes me laugh thinking about it:)

C.A.L.L.L.L. said...

Yes, I remember you telling me about that. Luckily, this time there were no attacking geese.

Rebecca and Co. said...

Man, geese are terrorists. I'm not too keen on feeding birds b/c I've have a story similar to Kristen's (but with less kids, so not nearly as good of a mental picture). :)

I'm glad you had a fun time, Carmen! Or at least most of you did. (I'm with Luke.)

Aranne and Dan said...

Looks like you had a great family day. My brother's girls always love to feed the birds luckily we have always made it out with all our fingers and toes!

A New Decade of Health said...

So glad it's finally getting nice where it's tolerable to be outside! We haven't been to Sunset Park in forever but we did go down to the marina and fed the carp. I think they are so gross. But at least they stay in the water!

The Hardy's said...

Carmen, Do your kids love Mary Poppins too? Thanks for your comment on my blog. I think I'm just at a point when I feel like I have so many other things to do (like cleaning my 'like a tornado hits everyday' house)
LOL

Thanks for the encouragement 8)

Aileen said...

Family outings are so fun....mishaps and all!!!!!

Lori said...

Watch out for birds! Sophie was attacked by a seagull in Florida this Spring. I swear they came after her while she was eating a Lunchable. My mother-in-law had to swat them away with her hand, she actually touched them. I was freaking out, they swooped and grabbed food right out Sophie's little baby fist.