Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Camping at Pine Valley









In July we had a fun, overnight trip to Pine Valley, Utah. Since it was successful, we decided to go again over the Labor Day weekend for two nights. We left early on Friday morning so we could get a good spot. Well, we got the last camping spot in Pine Valley. Alex spent many summers there and I have good camping memories from there also. Now our kids will have fun memories of our camping trips. We enjoyed cooking over the fire, going for walks, and fishing. Luke got to try out his new Spiderman fishing pole, and Lance got to try out his new "big boy" fishing pole. Alex caught three fish and bought one back to camp to cook. We told ghost stories at bedtime and this is Luke's version: Once upon a time. . BIGFOOT! Once upon a time. . .GORILLA! Once upon a time. . .GHOST! So all in all everybody had a great time. Next year we might try three whole days.

6 comments:

susan said...

Sounds like a fun trip for every one I'm impressed I don't see a passie in any pictures. Very cute picture of Luke.

C.A.L.L.L.L. said...

You just can't see the paci in the tent picture. I know. . .when is the paci fairy coming?

Natalie, Brian, Rachel, Erick said...

Looks like you guys had fun being together as a family. I bet the kids will always remember fishing at Pine Valley.

The Zoo Keeper said...

Camping with little ones is not an easy thing!! Hooray for you!!!Looks like fun!

Rebecca and Co. said...

You'll have to tell me more information on Pine Valley. It looks like you all had a lot of fun!

Lori said...

I am so impressed that you camped that long with 3 little kids. I gave up tent camping when I was pregnant with Annika 7 years ago. I can't handle not having the bathroom in the middle of the night. A trip like that takes serious organization skills!