Friday, October 3, 2008

Cute Kids

I cut Lacey's hair and I think it looks like she did it herself. What can you do when they won't sit still? Hopefully it will look okay when I take her to get her picture taken next week. Lance is always building things out of household items-tents, campsites, towers, castles (pictured). I have many pictures that are similar to this.
Luke has spent hours pouring over the Party City ad with all the Halloween costumes. He likes to wear a "cape" at all times.
Luke has also come up to me and said. "You're so cute." Of course I have to say, "No, you're so cute!"
I have two things to report. First, I gave blood the other day and the phlebotomist said that only about two percent of the local population donates blood and since the economy has been sinking, they are only getting half of the usual donations. It does take some time, but everyone should consider giving blood. The life you save may be your own. Second, today we went to Party City to get Halloween costumes. When we went out to the car I didn't have my purse. We went back into the store to see if I had left it at the counter or in the cart. My purse was neither of those places. We went back out to the car and I was looking around. Lance was concerned about how we were going to get home until he found some change he said we could use for the bus. Luke said, "Don't give up, Mommy." So I decided that we would go back in the store but first we needed to say a prayer to ask Heavenly Father to help me find my purse. We went inside the store again and one of the clerks called my cell phone number to see if we could hear it or if anyone answered. No luck. Then I decided to look around the store to see if anyone had taken it. I walked passed a cart that a girl was pushing and out of the corner of my eye I noticed my purse underneath a bunch of stuff. So I reached into the cart and grabbed my purse, and the girl said, "Oh, sorry, " like she hadn't even noticed it. Whew! We went back out to the car and said another prayer to thank Heavenly Father for helping me find my purse. I think that was a good lesson for me and the kids.

5 comments:

Rebecca and Co. said...

First of all, CUTE kids! And second of all, scarrrrrrryyyy about the purse. A close call I mean. Because if that shopping cart hadn't passed by right then, or you'd been distracted by a child, then....maybe you would have needed that bus money. As my Texas friends would say, PTL!! (Praise the Lord) I'm sooooo glad you got the purse back without incident.

Natalie, Brian, Rachel, Erick said...

I am so glad you found your purse! Good job using the experience to teach the kids about the power of prayer. We should do this to find Erick's light saber!!!

The Zoo Keeper said...

wow! what a story!! I am so glad you found your purse! I bet your boys will remember that prayer!

Noelle said...

You do make cute kids....I would agree. I'm so glad you found your purse...what a story. Way to use this experience as a teaching moment. It's those kind of things that kids will remember forever.

The Hardy's said...

My Mason also loves to wear any cape a lot. We need to get our boys together to play.