Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sunset at Sonic














































One of our favorite places to go as a family is Sonic. Before a could of years ago, I could count on one hand the number of times I had been to Sonic. Now we go there twice a month, sometimes once a week. We can wait at the tables or stay in the car while our beskated server brings us our order. Usually the kids get ice cream and Alex and I get soft drinks; I particularly like diet cherry limeade with vanilla. Last time we went I splurged on a fried ice cream blast. It's big fun for the kids and relatively inexpensive. I don't mean to sound like an ad, but if you haven't been to your local Sonic lately, get in the car with your kids and go have some ice cream.

8 comments:

Rebecca and Co. said...

My favorite pic in the 6th one down b/c it looks like you might be making a statement. (!)

Bryce is a huge Sonic fan.

Natalie, Brian, Rachel, Erick said...

I had no idea they made a diet cherry limeade, with vanilla even. Oh girl, you got me in
trou-ble! I am glad I read that today, because you know where I'll be at Happy Hour tomorrow!

Natalie, Brian, Rachel, Erick said...

I didn't know Sonic had a diet cherry limeade, with vanilla even! I am in trouble now! I know where I'll be tomorrow during Happy Hour!

Rebecca and Co. said...

Weird, my comment is back!

Maybe you already know this, but the Boulder Hwy Sonic's grand re-opening is Saturday, Aug. 23rd. Per their flyer, they have:

FREE breadkfast burrito when you purchase one at reg. price

$1.49 Wacky Pack kids meal

25 cent vanilla cones

FREE single patty burger when you purchase one at reg. price

and free balloons for the kids, secret stall prizes all day

Now *I* sound like the ad for Sonic. LOL

Unknown said...

Good to see your blog. My favorite part about Sonic is the Peanut-Butter Chocolate fudge shakes. Now, I may have to go out there again.

The Hardy's said...

Carmen, We're all for Sonic too. We love their fruit slushes at happy hour. We should get together so our kids can play soon.
Kim

Lori said...

Carmen! I can't believe I found your blog. We were in Henderson a couple of weeks ago and I searched for your email, phone etc. but couldn't find it at my house. Anyway great to see your kids and how you are all doing. My blog is earlstevensfam.blogspot.com. Check it out if you get a minute...love, Lori

Teuscher said...

they built one 1/2 a mile down the road from us... trouble!! Can't beat it- happy hour and wacky wednesday's!