Saturday, August 2, 2008

Lacey

Before Lacey was born, I wanted to name her Felicity which means great happiness. Knowing her disposition now, that would have been entirely appropriate. She is the happiest baby I have ever seen. She is always full of smiles and giggles. She charms people everywhere we go, and I often get compliments from random people in the store about what a cute, happy baby she is. She makes me want to have another baby so that another child can have the privilege of having Lacey for a sister. She wants to play with her brothers in whatever they are doing and will swipe their toys just so they will chase her. She is very smart and is picking up new words every day. She's also physically strong. When she was inside the womb, it used to hurt when she kicked me. I can see her being a gymnast someday. Mostly she's congenial, but she also has a little temper. First she looks at me with a pout, then she falls to the ground, then she cries. It's actually pretty cute. I don't know what I did to deserve it, but I think I got the best of the best in the little girl department.

4 comments:

Kaylee said...

Yes, THAT is exactly why we call her 'Lacey Smiley Facey' :0).

Teuscher said...

glad you joined the blog world. I haven't done a darn thing on ours for ages ( obviously) some day... well maybe when the kids are back in school this week I might get a few more free moments. I enjoyed reading about your kids you describe them well!

Natalie, Brian, Rachel, Erick said...

You did a great job putting your blog together. Isn't it fun?

Stjerne said...

Carmen! I love your blog. You have a beautiful family.