Saturday, January 21, 2012

Luke Turns Six (November 29)


What a big boy he is getting to be! Luke was due December 21, but I knew he would be early. I had been sleeping on our reclining couch because that was the most comfortable position. At about 4 a.m. I woke up and felt like I had to go to the bathroom. When I stood up my water broke. Another baby three weeks early! We took Lance to Grandma Susan's then went to the hospital, arriving at about 5 a.m. We checked in, got into a delivery room, got hooked up to machines, got some blood drawn, and about ten minutes to 6 Alex decided to go to the 7-11 to get something to eat. Because for sure we had hours to go, right? Wrong! Ten minutes later I felt like I had to push. There was no doctor and no husband there, only the nurse, Rose, and my mom. She told me to stop pushing but I said no way. She scrambled to get ready to deliver the baby. Luke came into the world at 6:13 a.m. and was 7 lbs 3 0z and 19 1/2 inches long. He was just anxious to get here, I guess! I held him right after he was born and when the nurse handed him to me he whacked me in the face with his slimey little hand. But holding him I thought, "Yes, here you are-right where you belong."

Luke is definitely all boy. He likes action and rowdiness. But he also has a sensitive side. He is concerned if he thinks his little sisters are in trouble. He makes friends easily with boys and girls. He was on a soccer team this year and had as much fun socializing on the sidelines as he did playing the game. He is enthusiastic about school and is doing great in kindergarten. He was student of the month in December. He is a great kid and I am blessed to be his mommy!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

susan said...

I remember that day all the rushing when the nurse said ohh he crowning. Luke is such a cute kid I love him!