Monday, January 2, 2012

Broken Collar Bone


Lacey was running around at my mom's house and she ran into the door jamb of the pantry and fractured her collar bone. I wasn't there when that happened, but when I got there Lacey was wimpering and wouldn't let me touch her, but she kept touching her shoulder. I thought she might have dislocated it. I called our pediatrician's office and they said she would need an x-ray to make sure. I decided to go to the quick care, but just as I was getting Lacey in the car, the pediatrician called back and said they had called a pediatric bone doctor and to go there. We went there, waited an hour, and then they had her lay on a table to x-ray. This was all very frightening for Lacey so I held her hand and offered comforting words so she would be still. When the doctor put up the x-ray I could see right where the fracture was. He said no contact sports or outside play at school for six weeks, but dance was okay. I bought a sling so she could keep her arm still, but she would not wear it. Later that night we went to a New Year's Eve party at my brother's house. All the kids were playing Just Dance on the Wii, which is where you have to copy the dance moves on the screen. Lacey kept up but every so often she would wince in pain. In her words, "Boooo!"

No comments: