Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Lance!


Today is Lance's 5th birthday. I didn't think he was too excited about it because he hasn't been telling me anything he wanted, and I have been the one to say "Three more days. Two more days." However, first thing this morning he came in my room, just seconds after I had finished wrappng his present, and said, "Mom, it's my birthday! I'm finally five!" Then he looked in the mirror and said, "Well I look bigger than yesterday!" All day he has been milking this birthday thing for all it's worth: It's my birthday so I can have what I want to eat. It's my birthday so I can watch whatever I want on TV.
Lance has done some really cute things lately. Last week I was doing some projects for Enrichment Super Saturday. He wanted me to draw something for him, but I said I was busy. He said, "Mommy, I am your widdle son. What is more important? The project or your widdle son?" What could I do but draw a picture for him. Last Wednesday he drew a picture for Sister Twitchell, a very sweet old lady in our ward. He came with me to choir so he could give her the picture. She didn't come that night because her 98-year-old mother-in-law was at Sister Twitchell's home, very close to death. When I told Lance Sister Twitchell wouldn't be coming he cried so much that I said we could go to their house after choir. Brother and Sister Twitchell were very touched by his picture because he had drawn their daughter who passed away 20 years ago as well as the elder Sister Twitchell, who I felt would also be going to heaven very soon. What a tender heart he has. Lance has also started to notice pretty girls. He was kissing a picture of Amy Grant the other day and he thinks Tinkerbell "looks good." (Do I have to be concerned about that already?!)
Happy Birthday, Lance! I love you more than anything! Love. Mommy

No comments: